Lowering Your Toxic Exposure.
How to reduce your total toxic load.
We’ve all heard of toxins and have probably at some point in time have tried to “detox.” Autoimmune diseases, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, neurological problems, hormonal disturbances and many other issues are increasing exponentially and so is our exposure to new chemicals/toxins. I have pretty strong opinions on detoxification and “detoxification products.” Many of these products are just pure garbage (read about why your supplements may not be doing anything). And you might want to get your body ready to detox (read What you need to do before a detox). If you’re going to take the time to detox you might want to invest the time in lowering your daily exposure to common toxins. Now, I will probably come back and edit this post in the near future and add citations because when it comes to toxins there is a lot of bad information out there. I like to stay on the side of caution and If there is a chemical I know wasn’t around 100 years ago, chances are It might not settle well with a human. However some new chemicals are very inert and may not pose much risk. However, I’m not chancing it.
Many toxins are fat soluble and will bury themselves into our fat cells. So as you burn fat or lose weight, you may be exposing yourself to years of toxic exposure. So before any successful weight loss program, you may want to prep yourself for a detox(READ ARTICLE). And perhaps the reason you have failed to lose weight in the past is your body wasn’t ready to expose itself to the toxins within your fat cells. Proper methylation, gastrointestinal function, and liver function is key before any detox or weight loss program.
OK, so let’s make this easy… and I promise to come back and write more about each of these.
- Always buy organic animal products
- Buy organic soft skin fruits and veges
- Avoid eating Mackerel, Swordfish, Shark, marlin and orange roughy
- Avoid artificial air fresheners
- Buy only “Low-VOC” and “Zero-VOC” furniture and appliances
- Use reverse osmosis water filters
- If you chose to vaccinate, use a delayed schedule or preservative free vaccines
- Filter drinking and cooking water
- Avoid Teflon cookware
- Limit plastic wrap use
- Avoid any plastic food/water containers
- Use glass and stainless steel food/water containers.
- Avoid processed foods
- Turn your AC on recirculate when stuck in traffic
- Avoid thermal papers
- Avoid fast food wrappers
- Let new carpet and rugs air out outside
- Let new furniture air out outside
- Evaluate pre-1980s households for lead pain
- Avoid treated wood in children’s play area
- Avoid cigarette smoke
- Avoid chemical based pest controls inside
- Use natural pest control methods, even outside.
- Avoid plastic products that contain PVC or Phthalates
- Avoid flame retardant items where possible
- Use toxin reducing house plants
- Take a good probiotic and mineral supplement
- Maximize glutathion
Another place where we may be expo